- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 March 2015 17:51
For over 30 years, the Office for Women (OFW) has worked to ensure equal rights for all women. We support women in difficult circumstances and celebrate their strengths and achievements. We advance the cause of women, support them in their choices and serve their needs.
The OFW promotes equal rights, independence, dignity and equity for Westchester County women and their families through education and research, direct and contracted services, and by influencing public policy.
- In recognition of Women's History Month in March, the OFW has prepared a spring booklet of events.
- The OFW, in collaboration with The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Center for Elder Abuse Prevention at the Hebrew Home at Riverdale, Pace Women’s Justice Center, and the County Department of Senior Programs and Services’ Elder Abuse Coalition, has created a guide to help you plan for a safe and secure future.
- The county's Minority and Women Business Enterprises (MWBE) Program promotes participation in Westchester and works to create a level playing field to help everyone succeed.
- Sandwich Generation Caregivers - women caught between kids, careers, and elderly in Westchester County - should follow us on Facebook for online support and information
If you'd like to be informed of of events and programs such as those described in our News Highlights, subscribe to Quick News. By subscribing, you will periodically receive e-mails regarding information on our upcoming programs and workshops, scholarship opportunities, and other benefits and services available to women.